With its precision files, Vallorbe® has been offering the guarantee of high-quality, Swiss made products manufactured from a high-carbon steel especially designed for files, since 1899.
These files are part of the Premium range of Vallorbe® products. They are particularly recommended for professionals who want to achieve an established quality of work.
Our files are currently used in a number of areas, by precision engineers, mould makers or jewellers, for example.
A precision file is characterised by :
- Its profile : Usines Métallurgiques de Vallorbe offers a broad selection of different profiles depending on your requirements : hand, pillar, round edges, equaling, crochet, warding, halfround, round, oval, three square, square, slotting, barrette, pippin, knife, screwhead, multifile and crossing, etc.
- Its length : this is measured in inches and does not include the tang.
- Its cut : depending on the model, Vallorbe® files also benefit from a cut : single, double or milled.
The cut of Vallorbe® precision files is designed by means of a scale of cuts ranging from 000 which is the coarsest, up to 8 which is the finest. Each of these cuts equates to a certain number of teeth per square centimetre.
Find all the informations on these products in the documents tab.
- Swiss Made
- High-carbon steel
- Optimal hardness
- Broad range of profiles and cuts
- Consistent quality
- Wide choice of cuts
- Cut all the way to the tip
The Vallorbe® precision files cover a wide range of applications. Here is a partial list :
Cleaning and filing welds