Designed in collaboration with renowned watchmakers, Glardon® escapement files guarantee you high-quality Swiss Made products manufactured from a high-carbon steel.
Available up to cut 10 (156 teeth/cm), with sharp edges and an extra slim point, our Glardon® escapement files are perfectly suited to work requiring a low removal capacity. They are perfect for gold, platinum, steel and titanium alloys.
An escapement file is characterised by :
- Its profile : dovetail, knife pointed, barrette, halfround, round, crossing, three square, watch anchor, warding, pillar, square and equalling, etc. We have more than fifteen different profiles available.
- Its length : this is measured in millimetres and does not include the tang.
- Its cut : Glardon® escapement files benefit from a double cut. This is indicated on a scale ranging from 00 which is the coarsest, to 10 which is the finest. Each of these cuts equates to a certain number of teeth per square centimetre.
Find all the informations on these products in catalogs available in the documents tab.
- Specially created by and for watchmakers and jewellers
- Swiss Made
- Cut all the way to the tip
- Consistent quality
The Glardon® escapement files cover a wide range of applications. Here is a partial list :
Watchmaking work (fitting and repair)
Work requiring low material removal